Wednesday, October 17, 2012

films of late

Joey and I love going to the movies. When he was in town last weekend we went to a movie two days in a row. The first movie we went to was Seven Psychopaths by Martin McDonagh. With out getting into too much detail...any detail about the film it was well...psychotic. For me that was a good thing. For Joey it got old. The film is Quentin Tarantinoesque in that it is a mix of comedy, extreme violence and drama. Christopher Walken makes the film, but the rest of the cast did great too...Collin you are turning into a silver fox and I like it.


I agree with Joey that at the end it was trying too hard to muster up some deep meaning to justify all of the WTF moments. Since I have a twisted love for gore and comedy in one film this movie I'd give it 3.5 stars. Joey's rating was much lower, especially after seeing our second film Argo.

Argo directed by Ben Affleck was a nail biter to say the least. The film was really well done, and even though you knew it ended well, (history spoils that one)  you just didn't quite know how. Hollywood added some obviously untrue extras to keep us on the edge of our seats, but despite the overkill on suspense I really liked the movie. I love the 60s and 70s, and the film sparked an interest for me in Hollywood at the time of sci-fi exploding into the cinematic sphere.


For most people I would recommend Argo over Seven Psychopaths, but I have a few friends I know will appreciate the latter like I did...Mikell I am thinking of you.

1 comment: