Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Funday

Happy Blessed Sabbath brothers and sisters. haha jk. Days like today are my favorite...minus the fact that I need to type two papers and study for a test....ya I need to get on that soon. It is a favorite though because it is a stormy day! I love rainstorms, and in Madison we get really good ones. The kind of storms that stop the speaker in church and all the little kids are like "OOHHHH!" after a ginormous thunder clap. I love the dark gray sky and its contrast to the vivid green flora. It makes the house so cozy to me. To add to the coziness theme I put some vanilla in an oven safe bowl in the oven at 300 (thank you pinterest) to make the house smell delicious...then I got real and made some knock you naked brownies (again thank you pinterest). They are in the oven as I type, and cannot wait to nibble on their chocolatey caramelicious faces.

 Yesterday was Cinco De Mayo! To celebrate I made cilantro lime chicken tacos which were so EASY and TASTY. What could be better right? It was just 3lbs BS (boneless-skinless) chicken breasts, 16oz salsa, two limes, 1 packet taco seasoning, mix all up in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8hrs. We loved them. Hated the tortillas I bought, but at least the meat was good.

Freddy food plate got a bean fro, rice beard, and taco ears.
I used cilantro and tomatoes from the farmer's market to make some mean pico. mmm.


So I mentioned in my last post that yesterday was also Mifflin. What is Mifflin you ask? One of the biggest parties of the year in Madison like around 20k people big. It isn't a party that necessarily supports our morals, so we didn't go,  but I find it entertainng to see how excited everyone gets for it...and the drunk facebook messaging/status updates that follow from my friends ;)

Mifflin is a block party held every year on the first weekend in May. Originally it was a war protest in the 70s but now is an excuse to let loose and get really drunk. This year there was drama with the Mifflin party because it fell on the same day  as Cinco de Mayo. The party's theme combined the two celebrations, and of course people got offended (someone always does). It ended up being that the Dean of UW sent out a really awkward video telling students not to go to the party. That opened pandora's box. If you go on Youtube you will find a bunch of videos making fun of the deans video with dubstep remixes, memes from movies, etc. I just find it hilarious. This was my favorite meme

The whole situation just makes me laugh, because this stuff is from another planet compared to what student life is like back in Provo at BYU. It is so funny how opposite these two schools are. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go to the party just a tinsy bit, but whatcha gonna do. Back to studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment