Thursday, June 14, 2012

just walking through the woods

One of the things I miss most in Utah are the mountains. They are easy to be taken for granted when you live right next to them. Living in Madison though has made me so heartsick for them! I always make sure to do something in the mountains every time I visit home. My mom and I went up Millcreek Canyon and did a little hike for a couple hours. It was super fun. I was able to try out my new camera a bit, and chat with my mama while basking in the beautiful nature. I didn't bring proper clothing so I borrowed clothes from my little bro and my mom, hence my semi frumpy attire...whatevs.




I love how green it still is up here



thanks for the shirt johnny. I got it nice and sweaty for ya






there were random rose bushes everywhere on the hike


rattle snake!



took this for joey. only 7 more weeks left!
I hadn't showered after the hike so I was really fresh for susie haha.
 After our hike we picked up Nana from the house so we could all get lunch and then go to costco to get groceries for our big sunday dinner with the whole family. While driving down cute old main street in bountiful my mom saw a car she recognized and said susie was working at the fabric store! She pulled over so I could surprise her. Susie was my high school swim coach/one of my second moms while growing up. I love this woman so much! I ran into the fabric store and snuck up behind her to give her a big hug. She had no idea who was hugging her until I let her turn around and see who it was. We were both crying so excited to see each other! I haven't seen her in so long. It was so nice to see her and see that she has been doing well.
 After seeing Susie we went to Plates and Palates, our favorite place for lunch. This is seriously one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. Their salads are to die for and everything else they serve is super tasty too. I got the waldorf chicken salad and as you can see it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment