Monday, January 21, 2013

mini s'mores handheld pies

For yesterday's sunday sweets I made a (pinterest) s'more pie recipe. In my last post I included the picture it came with seen here...my pies didn't turn out as sultry as the pinterest ones, however they were no less delicious in my opinion. 

my only problem was the chocolate didn't get all melty and gooey. :(



Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
Crust:
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (8 graham cracker squares, finely crushed)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (1 oz)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
2. Unroll pie crusts. With 3-inch round cutter, cut 10 rounds from each crust. In small shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Brush both sides of pie crust rounds with butter; dip into crumb mixture to coat.
3. Place 10 coated pie crust rounds on cookie sheet. Stir together filling ingredients. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon filling in center of each of the 10 rounds. Place remaining pie crust rounds on top of the filling on each. Pinch edges to seal.
4. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store covered in refrigerator.

Note:
I didn't want to buy marshmallow creme for a 1/2 cup and then have to keep the rest in my cupboard screaming at me until I ate it all with a spoon so I just used marshmallows we already had and it worked fine. It probably would have turned out more gooey if I used the creme but whatevs it tasted like marshmallows were in there so good enough for me.

I also didn't have any butter in the house so I used coconut oil and that worked fine too. 

Let me know if you try the recipe and what changes you made. I had serious thoughts of adding peanut butter to the concoction, but I didn't think mr. plater would appreciate that too much. I bet it would be so good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment